[AT] NorTrack tractors

henry miller hank at millerfarm.com
Sat Jun 8 06:24:04 PDT 2013

jtchall at nc.rr.com wrote:

>I don't know about the current Mahindra tractors being copied Masseys,
>could
>very well be. The one I was thinking of was built around 15-20 years
>ago and
>looked like an IH 424 or 444. There have been a lot of Mahindras sold
>around
>here, probably second only to Deere.
>
>I went to the state farm show a few years back. It was amazing to see
>all
>the brands of tractors. I think it was Cat that shocked me the most.
>Their
>Challenger line was built all over the globe. The utility line was
>built
>overseas somewhere, the 100+ HP line was built in different overseas
>country
>(I think it was France).  I don't recall where the big tracked tractors
>were
>from or the combine. I have a feeling that a lot of this equipment was
>designed and built by someone else and the only thing Cat had to do
>with it
>was to specify the paint scheme and model number.

My understanding is Challenger is an independant company from Cat. They have an agreement that if they use Cat engines they can put the cat name and logo on the tractor (probably lots of other things in the agreement as well). Given how well known cat is, and how new challenger is (not quite as much now as a few years ago), they would be fools to not use that agreement to the max.