[AT] OT, WAS Ford 4000, now a little gun chat

Alan Nadeau ajnadeau1 at myfairpoint.net
Sun Jul 14 10:49:59 PDT 2013

For whatever reason I have never had a 45 Colt.  I've had quite a few
revolvers in the various magnum calibers, both in single and double action
platforms.  The 357 Mags have seen a lot of 38 Spec. as well.  Currently
only go to 44 Spec. as far as bore size but have a 4 5/8" Ruger in 41 Mag.

I have a very old, like 1920s, 45 ACP that has been played with some and
shots better than I currently am capable of.  I have shot quite a few of the
current crop of autoloaders in .40 S&W and, while technically interesting
they just aren't comfortable in my stubby hands.  The double stack magazines
make them feel about like holding a 2X2 and my trigger finger just can't
deal with the long DA pull they all seem to have.