[AT] junk

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sun Jul 21 12:54:55 PDT 2013

On 7/21/2013 6:12 AM, jtchall at nc.rr.com wrote:
> Nothing like field corn to tell you whether or not you need some rain,
> that's for certain. I hate traveling in a drought. Growing up on a farm I
> can't help but look at every field I pass. When I see a crop under severe
> stress I feel bad for the guy growing it.

I know you guys suffering from lack of rain will not like to hear me
complain about it but 15 inches of rain in 30 days is a bit more than I
want to see. Some violent thunderstorms brought hail and high winds. A
couple of miles south of me the canola crop looks pretty sick and if it
recovers it will be a late crop almost surely frozen. We just had
another good half inch this morning. I have to admit that everything is
sure growing though. Have a look at the water in my field last monday. I
don't recall ever seeing such an accumulation before.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeSK_g2H_bk&feature=youtu.be

Ralph in Sask.