[AT] junk

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sat Jul 20 04:43:39 PDT 2013

Sounds like you guys are having a tough time with the rain. I talked to a
guy who's brother works for a Deere dealer near the NC/SC border. One of
their customers is a real big farm. They are still trying to get wheat out
due to the rain. Running 2 combines with duals and still getting stuck. It's
so bad they keep a big tractor on hand just to pull them out. The wheat is
too good to abandon and accept an insurance payment. It's going to take a
lot of tillage to get the ruts out of the field.

How did the seeding by airplane work? I wouldn't think a soybean could
sprout and survive like that. Dad has told me before about a neighbor who
used a helicopter once to seed some wheat in standing corn. Must not have
worked to well as I don't think he did it but once.

John