[AT] Ford 4000 Quitting Afer Running a While

Alan Nadeau ajnadeau1 at myfairpoint.net
Sun Jul 14 09:14:45 PDT 2013

Dave,

I have been looking at some of this from the point that I was told that the
ignition was gone through last year, before I got involved in running the
tractor.  I was/am inclined to believe that as all the exposed parts are
still black, shiny in the case of the cap, and not the least weathered.   I
had no reason to doubt that but, now that I think of it, I was also told the
Kubota Z-turn mower we have was also supposed to have been fully serviced
last spring as well.  When I serviced it this spring I found "next service
due-400 hrs"  magic markered under the cowl.  At that point the hours were
515 +/-.   I think you're right, I may as well do a complete service on the
ignition system and eliminate that possibility.

BTW,  I don't have an AK, not even and AR.  I wanted to pick up an AR but
the prices have gone way beyond what I can, or would, pay.   Those things
are the preferred toys of the spray & pray crowd.   My own tastes run to
handguns (45 ACP because having to shoot twice is just silly) or bolt
rifles.

Al