[AT] Ford 4000 Quitting Afer Running a While

Charlie V 1cdevill at gmail.com
Sun Jul 14 01:44:57 PDT 2013

I owned an Allis Chalmers B once that did that same thing, also.  I blamed
it on vapor lock and never did solve the problem.  It still had the problem
when I sold the tractor.  A friend of mine bought an Allis B  few years
later.  It came to him with that same problem.  Work it a while and it
would start to sputter and shortly die until it cooled off.  He was smart
enough to ask a good tractor mechanic and was told that was a common
problem for that tractor.  Put on a new coil.  He did.  That fixed the
problem.  If the condenser does not fix the Ford, I would go for the coil
next.

Charlie V