[AT] O.T. propane question

Paul Waugh paul at plwaugh.com
Fri Jul 12 09:35:46 PDT 2013

I am going to add my 2 cents and that is what it is worth.

 On LP, I have never seen anything but copper until last fall. They used
more like a rubber hose off the regulator, of course this is very low
pressure at this point. With brass fittings. If I remember correctly, 100
ft. is about as far as they want to go away from the tank.

Natural gas is another story. It comes in at a fairly high pressure and they
use a special plastic hose (orange, I believe). Then after the regulator,
black pipe is used above ground (fire protection) and a special yellow is
used under ground. Around here we have supply houses in which to buy correct
hose and fittings.

Paul - NE,IN