[AT] O.T. propane question

Bruce Fallon bfallon at whidbey.com
Fri Jul 12 10:10:12 PDT 2013

At our old house when we had a propane stove and furnace installed the
propane company (Petrolane)  installed the Yellow plastic underground piping
in my ditch. They supplied the tank and regulators high pressure  at the
tank and low pressure at the side of the house. This was in 1997.
 At our new house installed in 2006 (Cenex) installed the plastic line
installed in my ditch same type of setup they did put in wire wrapped around
the pipe for locating the line in the future. In both cases the Yellow
plastic line is fused to a black iron pipe which comes out of the ground.
It costs $70 a year annual tank rental fee for a 500 gallon tank.
I had to have a plumber install the black iron piping in the houses for
connection to the stoves and furnaces.

2 fill ups so far this year pricing has been $1.739 in January and $1.799 a
gallon in March.

Bruce Fallon
Langley, WA 98260