[AT] O.T. propane question

Don Bowen don.bowen at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 11 19:01:12 PDT 2013

We are in the process of building a house.  The house is on a site where
a double wide sat which we sold.  In the process we had to move the
propane tank.  I want to run a line from the tank to the house then
continue on to the garage.  I also want to run a line from the tank to
the shop.  I have had some experience with plastic lines and think they
would be a significant savings over Copper.

I have been told I need a high pressure red regulator at the tank and
lower pressure regulators at the three buildings.  I was also told that
the risers for the plastic lines require a special tool. Several years
ago I helped lay some plastic propane lines and the risers just snapped
on the plastic lines much like Sharkbite on PEX.  Special fittings were
also mentioned.

Any comments?

--
Don Bowen           AD0BR
"A man must keep a little back shop where he can be himself without reserve. In solitude alone can he know true freedom."