[AT] digging potatoes

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Mon Jul 1 11:42:31 PDT 2013

On 7/1/2013 3:23 AM, David Bruce wrote:

> It seems a key to these storage methods is proper curing of the potatoes
> before storage.  I store 3 or 4 bushels of sweet potatoes every fall.  I
> either grow them or most often buy at a farmers market or roadside
> stand.  They must have never been stored under refrigeration - those
> ALWAYS rot.
>
> David
> NW NC

No refrigeration needed here in my part of Sask. to keep taters all
winter. Temp in my basement averages in the fifties and a little bit
colder in the insulated cold room that the potatoes are stored in. I
never see any spoilage but sprouting becomes an issue in early spring.
I've de-sprouted mine a couple of times already but will probably throw
the rest out once the new ones start to produce.

Ralph in Sask.

Ralph in Sask.