[AT] RE 3pt arms

Chuck Bealke bealke at airmail.net
Tue Jan 1 12:37:39 PST 2013

On 1/1/2013 12:24 PM, Herb Metz wrote:
> Chuck, & Others.
> Below is from Chuck's 12/31 post:
> I used the extension/adjustable arms you mention that came with our
> JD530, and they were pretty much rugged, trouble-free quality. The Deere
> issue hitch parts
> are like gold in the way they attract thieves.
> Chuck  Bealke
>
> I wonder what makes them so attractive?  Ease/quickness of removal; sell to
> unsuspecting JD owners at way above scrap value; etc.
> The Pat's extendable adapters that Andy Glines mentioned have some neat
> advantages such as you can go underneath the equipments 3pt pins then raise
> the lift and (if properly aligned) automatically hookup the implement
> without dismounting from the tractor.
> The JD system may offer that also; I do not know.
> Herb

Herb,

Understand your point about using the newer gear.  There is nothing quick
and easy about the originals.  They were just trouble free once you did
get them
hooked up, and they allow a little horizontal and vertical (via hand
crank on one link
arm) adjustment to help enable hookup a little bit.  Suspect their
attractiveness
today is based on original and simple design and ruggedness.

Chuck