[AT] Ford Powermaster

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Thu Jan 24 19:18:26 PST 2013

On 1/24/2013 5:29 PM, Mike Meulenberg wrote:
> Ralph,  here's from my shop manual, the free play is measured externally from the clutch lever to the transmission housing. I can email you the page with the illustration if you would find it helpful.
Thanks Mike but I think you have made it clear enough. It sounds very
similar method to setting the free play on my Super 90 Massey clutch.
Massey calls for 1/8 inch clearance at the pedal. They also have a pto
"dump valve" that is actuated by the foot clutch when you push the
clutch all the way. That adjustment looks like it has to be done when
the tractor is split though. Pretty much incaccessible otherwise. I have
an I and T shop manual for the Massey which helps.
I will tell the guy to check out the clutch pedal clearance on his Ford
and see if that is the solution to his pto engagement problem. Thanks
again.

Ralph in Sask.