[AT] Ford Powermaster

Charlie V 1cdevill at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 15:54:41 PST 2013

Ralph,

Does this just happen while the blower is coasting, or all of the time
the pto is engaged?  Could it need an over running coupling in the pto
drive?

Just a first thought.

Here is some info found on another list Re:  Powermaster OTO types.

Tractor Guru

Joined: 29 Jan 1998

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:59 am    Post subject: Re: ford 800
powermaster, over-running clutch needed? 	Reply to specific post Reply
with quote
Ford made the 5 speed 8xx series tractor both with and without live PTO.

Check the model number of your tractor, which is on the bell housing
just above and behind the starter.

"If you have a 86x model you have live PTO and no ORC is needed. If
you have an 85x model you do not have live PTO and an ORC is very
helpful when operating a high inertia load such as a rotary cutter."

My hands on does not get as new as the Power Masters so I can only
pass on what I read.

Charlie