[AT] stove pipe

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Wed Jan 23 12:36:55 PST 2013

Good luck with it!

Charlie

-----Original Message-----
From: Andy Glines
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 3:04 PM
To: atis
Subject: Re: [AT] stove pipe

Charlie, the pipe goes up from the stove about 5' then horizontal for about
3' through the wall then vertical (outside) for about 5'  There is a cap &
screen on top.  I don't know if there is any fall on the horizontal leg but
I can make sure that there is on the new one.  The 2 spots that I have
noticed are rusted out are the top of the vertical pipe attached to the
stove and on the 90° elbow facing up on the outside portion of the pipe.
Icould reposition the stove for a longer horizontal run but that would be
difficult and would make it hard to get the flue to draw when lighting.  I
am already using an oil tank set up exactly like you described.  It seems
that the stove pipe should last longer than it does.
Message: 4