[Farmall] Farmall cultivator parts - Help!

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Tue Jan 22 17:41:28 PST 2013

Grant, trying to visualize what you have. Is this shaft you refer to
vertical? If so that is what we call the shanks, they pass through the clamp
and are tightened by a wedge bolt. The shanks wear out and can be rebuilt,
but often time you would be better to buy an aftermarket one as I have never
heard of the parts being available from anywhere but IH and they won't be
cheap.

http://www.agrisupply.com/cultivator-shank/p/38854/&sid=&eid=/
http://www.agrisupply.com/wedge-clamp-for-cultivator/p/26613/&sid=&eid=/
http://www.agrisupply.com/5+Inch+Wedge+Bolt+With+Nut/p/26614/

The only other thing I can think of is a long square bar that goes under the
oil pan and is attached to each side of the front cultivator. It has
u-shaped bend in it. This one is only used for running a row opener,
otherwise it will hit a crop being cultivated. It uses a different clamp
set-up to hold the shank.

http://www.agrisupply.com/clamp-and-wedge/p/82406/&sid=&eid=/

There is a short arm that goes on either side, I think in the same place the
u shaped bar goes. I think that is where we used to attach the disc hillers
or fertilizer discs.

http://www.farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=72036

As Jim offered, I would be happy to take a look at a picture as well.

John Hall