[AT] John Deere H

Darrell Ratliff dbigdog at columbus.rr.com
Mon Jan 21 11:55:28 PST 2013

Tyler -
    Check out the quality of the spark.  If the spark is weak (short,
yellowish / orange in color) it could be the mag itself or perhaps the
points just need cleaned and re-set (or replaced).  If the spark is hot
(bluish / white and at least 3/8" in length) the spark is not your problem.
You may not be drawing enough fuel into the combustion chamber to start the
engine.  You need fuel, fire, compression and proper timing to get an engine
to start and run.  Assess each of these factors and you will likely get the
tractor to start.