[AT] Leaking fuel fitting

Cecil R Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Fri Jan 18 06:05:11 PST 2013

Vibration was a problem on many of the old carbs with copper fuel
lines.  I have cut off the copper line just a inch or so from the carb
and inserted a short piece of rubber fuel line.  The b est thing that
ever happen ed years ago was when they came out with those in line fuel
filters.  They stopped the vibration and filtered much better than the
old sediment bowl.  I remember installing these in the late 60's when
working in the tractor shop...    We nearly quit rebuilding carbs on our
rental fleet.

Cecil on OKla