[AT] Leaking fuel fitting

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Tue Jan 15 15:42:13 PST 2013

Gene I've done a fair bit of "plumbing" myself.  I've never had good luck
with Teflon tape on
fuel fittings.  There is a Teflon based sealant paste that comes in a tube
that will work pretty well
but won't get hard enough to hold a loose fitting in place.  Even then you
have to get the right product.
If you go to Lowes and look in the plumbing department you'll find two
nearly identical tubes of Teflon
paste.  One with a red label and one with a black label.  The labels clearly
tell you one is for water fittings
and the other is for gas and fuel.

Charlie