[AT] Leaking fuel fitting

Ivan ivancou at windstream.net
Tue Jan 15 13:54:19 PST 2013

        Whats your "method" of stopping a leaking fuel line fitting ?
I rebuilt a carb on a IH184, but been having problems with the brass
elbow . I tried a couple in my parts pile but no luck . I did get a new
one and put on today that looks good ,but now to let it sit overnight .
It has a aluminum carb body ,and the fittings would screw all the way in
till the othe end hits the casting . SO the threads are worn .  But
whats the old farmers method of taking care of this .     Yes a new carb
would be the cure , but theyre $$ .  I read something about cotton
string around the threads , but wouldnt it wick out thru the string ?
Ivan