[AT] Starter and Alternator sources

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Tue Jan 8 14:43:06 PST 2013

I wish it was that simple. The problem is that this particular generator
on a 1961 Case tractor has a gear out the back where the tach drive
gearbox gets mounted. My local automotive electric shop spent over an
hour just looking for someone who could sell them the needed parts so he
could rebuild it. His suppliers couldn't even match up any of the
numbers in their books. I ended up taking a chance and ordering one from
Valu-Bilt (now CT Farm & Country). It seems to be OK.

Mike