[AT] competitive U.S.plowing?

Herb Metz metz-h.b at comcast.net
Sun Jan 6 16:46:24 PST 2013

Approximately four years ago we briefly talked with a guy (Ohio?) on his way west to a plowing contest.  He was quite successful with his JD 4??? and a Kvernelend (Norwegian) plow.  From leading point of plow share to trailing tip of moldboard was an estimated 12” more than any plow I had previously seen. We were at Lebanon, IN  gas station.  He had just talked to his wife about a problem at their dairy; she was stuck with the situation because there was no way he was going to miss that plowing contest.  We were thinking this was in Sept.?
I posted such on here, and several guys responded.
Anyone know anything about this contest still being held? when? where? etc?
No; We are not going.   am still grumbling (to myself) about not participating in that Guiness record breaking tractor parade at Nebraska state fair several months ago. We had friends from MO that enjoyed participating.
TIA, Herb