[AT] OT - Tough Grit - RFDTV

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sun Jan 6 12:06:36 PST 2013

I agree Tom,  a lot of the wood I split would take 2 or 3 men to lift onto
the anvil of that thing.   The majority of what I've burned this year
came from the trunk of a big white oak that runs from 2 to 3 feet in
diameter.   To split it with a maul I have to go around the outside of it,
splitting off the sap wood until I get down to the dense center then just
pound on it until it gives up.

I think a flywheel splitter could be made to work but it would have to be
heavier and slower and have some sort of feed mechanism to get the wood into
it.

Charlie