[AT] water lines

Janice and John Quinn quinnj at lara.on.ca
Sat Jan 5 11:28:52 PST 2013

Here is everything you wanted to know about plastic pipe for a municipal service line.  As mentioned by others I would go with the 1" pipe but the 3/4" meter.  You will lose very little pressure over the length of the meter.

Ask your pipe supplier for the appropriate type for mechanical compression fittings and match the pipe to the fittings.  You will see that there are about four different sizes of 1" pipe.  We always used the "municipal" plastic pipe as it gave a rating of at least 200 psi.

http://plasticpipe.org/pdf/mid-pe-field-manual-municipal-water-applications.pdf

good luck
John