[AT] Case 310 crawler

Gene Dotson gdotsly at watchtv.net
Thu Jan 3 08:17:44 PST 2013

    I have a Case 320 dozer that is probably a little older. It is a handy
machine at about 6000 lbs, so can haul id behind the pickup. Has a 6 1/2
foot straight blade and is really a handy size for light fencerow and woods
cleaning. My tractor is a little light for the power from the 148 engine,
but later models may have a little more weight. Steering is done by
differential braking so have no steering clutches. Gear oil for the
differential must be GL-1 mineral oil to prevent glazing the steering
clutches. Track and undercarriage wear is important as track and roller
parts are very scarce. I was fortunate in finding a complete M-3
undercarriage at the local scrap yard to retrofit to mine. Now has 4 bottom
rollers and 1 pad longer and 1 inch wider track width. Made the whole dozer
work better. Gas tank is a little small, so probably not be able to work a
full day without gas. This engine is very stingy with fuel so not a problem
for light clearing.

            Hope this helps.

    P.S. My Austrialian Shepherd is always close by to protect me from any
squirrels or mice I may disturb.

                        Gene