[AT] County/City Water Connection: What size meter to use?

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Thu Jan 3 05:17:14 PST 2013

Guys, the ONLY way a rock is going to get in Al's trench is if he goes to
the rock quarry and buys one and puts it there himself.
The only rock in this part of coastal NC is limestone marl that is generally
under about 20+ feet of overburden.  There are a few
outcroppings but very few and most of them are somewhere along a creek or
stream bank where there is a high bank (high meaning about 10 to 20 feet) on
one side and a swamp on the other side.  Supposedly those creek beds are
caused by fault lines and therefore the change in elevation.
I don't know exactly where Al's new house site is but the elevation in
Richlands, NC is about 60 feet above sea level and around here the little
towns are built on the high spots.

Ok,  I didn't mean to give the list members a geology lesson but rock is not
likely to be his big concern.

Charlie