[AT] County/City Water Connection: What size meter to use?

Cecil R Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Thu Jan 3 04:17:13 PST 2013

The root had actually grown around the pipe and then as it expanded it
squeezed the pipe and since it was at a joint it started leaking.   I
would not bet that that tree could not tell that water was in a pipe.
They are also known as Osage Orange...    The tree will grow in a fence
row and a 30 yr old tree will only be 3 to 4 inches in diameter.   The
wood is very fine grained and when dry it is like a rock.  As I remember
the staircase in the chapel in Santa Fe has Osage Orange as the small
spindles that hold the staircase together.  Here it is known as Bois
D'Arc a french name for wood of Bows.  The Indians used it to make
Bows.  I know of a Bowmaker here who uses it for some very expensive and
fine looking bows.     I have dug up one of the trees and pulled a
feeder root nearly 200 ft.  I guess that is the reason it can grow in
this dry prairie.
Cecil in OKla