[AT] OT - bridge replacement

Herb Metz metz-h.b at comcast.net
Wed Feb 27 19:51:41 PST 2013

Something very similar to Spencers black road paper is black, 3' tall
plastic silt fence which is installed in a vertical position around most
construction sites to stop the flow of silt soil but allows the water to
slowly flow through the close plastic mesh.  This is normally removed once
grass, etc is growing enough to prevent soil erosion from previously graded
soil.  Contact the subs who installed the fence, then be there when they
remove it and they will probably load it onto your trailer. Our garden is
normally planted on 38" rows; very few weeds will grow with this as a
horizontal carpet; it also reduces evaporation from moist soil, and one can
walk through the garden soon after rain without getting shoes muddy.
Soil, then one or two layers of silt fence, then one or to layers of rock.
On the pipe diameter, I would be inclined to go at least one size larger
than what is expected to be adequate.