[AT] OT - bridge replacement

Mike meulenms at gmx.com
Tue Feb 26 20:35:27 PST 2013

Our property is divided in two by a drainage ditch that is only full
after a rain, and in the spring/early summer. There is one bridge across
that is made from wood, and it is starting to fail. I use the bridge
quite a bit to bring firewood up to the house with my MF 255 w/ FEL.  I
can see the wood is rotting and it is starting to sag as I go over it,
coupled with the fact that it only leaves me about 6" to spare on either
side, it has to go. I would like to just remove it, and replace it with
a 12"or 14" drain pipe covered with "gravel". Any ideas on what type of
stone or gravel I should use so that it will stay stable and not turn to
soup in the spring? Thanks, Mike