[AT] old corn planters

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sat Feb 23 04:19:49 PST 2013

Dean, I think that is the model we had before it was replaced with a 1240
(way before I was born). We sold the 1240 a few years back to a collector
wanting to restore it. It had mechanical issues with some of the planter
drive mechanisms. Basically it was beyond worn out. The last few years we
had issues trying to get a uniform crop stand with some of the row units.
It was going to be a huge money pit to put it back in proper operational
order.

I prefer the disc opener since we don't plow anymore. I am going to be
following grain sorghum this spring if all goes well so there will be some
trash issues to contend with.

I do have a ton of plates left from the 1240, so if I came across a Deere
that would use them it would be a plus.

John