[AT] Tire rim sealant

Gunnells, Bradley R brad-gunnells at uiowa.edu
Mon Feb 18 12:18:17 PST 2013

As others have mentioned, with small tires at low pressure you may be better off in the long run going with tubes.

This topic however reminded me of a product that I use whenever I change tires (I do most of my own with a manual changer and spoons). This is a grease like product that lubricates to make the installation and removal easier. I also will often use it on the face of the bead to fix slow leaks with good success.

http://freylube.com/prema/

The tub of this my Dad bought 30 years ago when we had a service station. So needless to say, unless you apply it with a putty knife (ie. waste it) it likely will be an item you only need to buy once.

Brad