[AT] Tire rim sealant

Larry Goss rlgoss at insightbb.com
Mon Feb 18 13:26:24 PST 2013

Those two-part wheels usually don't have tubeless tires in the first place, but there are some designs where the split is in a different location.  When I was having an air leak problem on a small tire a little over a year ago, I checked all the solutions I could find -- Slime, foam, tube, new tire, etc, and found that a new standard tube actually cost me less for the repair than anything else.  In this particular case, the tire was so old and checked that it leaked air through the sidewall, so bead sealant didn't stand a chance of working.  Slime would probably have fixed it, but it was more expensive than a brand-new tube.

Larry