[AT] Tire rim sealant

Mike mikesloane at verizon.net
Mon Feb 18 10:08:06 PST 2013

I had a couple of tires on a Honda riding mower that had slow leaks. I
found that they best solution was a tube that I got from the local
Lowe's store. They came with "Slime" inside the tubes. Slime works well
for punctures, but I have not had good luck with it sealing beads. The
tubes I bought were for my larger tires, but Lowe's had a range of sizes
available.
<http://public.fotki.com/mikesloane/honda-h3011/fixing-the-leaking-tire.html>

If you have a couple of tire irons or even large screwdrivers, putting
tubes in those small tires isn't difficult. Of course, you have to
remove the old tubeless valves - I use a Vise-Grips pliers for doing that.

Also note that you can probably use tubes that are undersize in your
tiller's tires - for that kind of use it won't be a problem. (You
wouldn't want to use undersize tubes in a car or truck, but in a tiller
is a completely different story).

I can't help you with sourcing the tines.

Mike

.