[AT] Spam> Re: TO-20 Ferguson & roadranger

Ron Cook ron at lakeport-1.com
Sun Feb 10 10:04:19 PST 2013

Charlie,
     My '97 Freightliner has a Rockwell 10 speed.  I forget the number
right now.  It does not work near as smooth and easy as the old
Roadrangers did.  You definitely have to undo the torque with the clutch
to get it out of the current gear and then it will go in the next
without the clutch.  That is how I eventually learned to make it work.
Everyone remarks how nice mine shifts, and I think it is a piece of
crap.  It is broken in, too.  New ones often are a little hard shifting,
but that is not the case.  A neighbor has the same setup in his
Freightliner and there is no one that can get along with that particular
one.  Strange.  Cecil isn't pulling anyone's leg here.  I can
sympathize.  Mine is using the synthetic 50 weight that is spec'd for
warranty.  And of course it leaks some.

Ron Cook
Salix, IA