[AT] Lost/generators

Arthur Southwell asouth42 at embarqmail.com
Sun Dec 22 18:02:49 PST 2013

In 2004, when hurricane Charlie paid DeSoto Co. Fla. a Friday the 13th
visit, we were without power for 12 1/2 days. I burnt up the 5500W gen. in
my motor home trying to run the A/C unit at night to sleep and keep the 18
cu. ft. frig going. Then I went to TSC and bought a  Hobart welder with
10,000 W, 220 V Gen. powered by 20 HP Kohler twin. No more problems. Pulled
the meter can, bugged in my Hobart, ran the whole house until Florida
Flicker and Flash came back on. Also have my IHC LB 3 X 5 belted to a 5000 W
Leland 120 V. Does a good job. Have a B&S 4500 W backing that up.

Arthur