[AT] lost

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Fri Dec 20 12:49:03 PST 2013

Al, the last crop of Soybeans I grew myself was in my senior year of high
school.
I tended to them like a mother over a new baby.  They were beautiful, 20
acres of them
and not a weed in them anywhere.  That was before the days of round up.
They were weed
free because I personally walked every row after they lapped the middles and
pulled out any and
every weed that the plows didn't get before layby.  Then in August it turned
dry.
I picked about 2/3 of a load on a 2 ton truck of soy bb's.    Paid the seed
and fertilizer bill
and the tax on the farm for the year.  My labor, the value of the land rent,
the fuel bill for the tractor
and everything else was lost.

Charlie