[AT] Tractor Fluid (OT, only maybe)

Cecil R Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sat Dec 7 17:39:15 PST 2013

That Ford M2C134A-D crosses over to Massey Ferguson 1129A  When I was
working  in the tractor shop Back in the late 60's to mid 70's, we would
use Dexron or ATF for MF1129A  If I was using this tractor in winter, I
would use Dexron then change it over to the other fluid in the summer.
Some of the hydrostats are rather finicky.    Or I would see if I could
find a multigrade hydraulic oil....     The best advice I can give is
buy a couple of gallons at the Ford/new holland  dealer and try to have
the viscosity tested.   You might need AW46 hydraulic fluid.    Mystic
JT5 is what I use in my TS110 new holland and it is about as finicky as
any of them about the fluid.   My new holland dealer sell the Nexplore
fluid to be used in my tractor. $90 for 5 gallons

Cecil in OKla