[AT] JD B Problems - An Update

Carl Gogol cgogol at twcny.rr.com
Tue Aug 6 12:22:25 PDT 2013

One puller trick I have used a few times is when you have tightened it as
far as you can / dare -  whack the puller's tightening bolt very stoutly
with a hammer with the strike along the axis of the puller's bolt.  A
carpenter's hammer is not what is wanted, something in the 3-5 Lb. range
seems to work best as you can still get great speed with the blow.  Not sure
if a dead blow hammer is the right approach, but I have not tried it either.
In the 3-5 Lb. range I seem to get great energy transfer and usually very
quick release.  Nice thing is that the parts don't fly apart, just loosen.
Carl