[AT] JD B Problems

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Thu Aug 1 11:34:34 PDT 2013

Steve I don't know enough about JD B's to answer specific questions but
let's start with the basics.  Go and get some PBlaster or Kroil or your
favorite
penetrating oil and soak all of that rusted shift mechanism with it like it
was your
favorite pancake syrup and you were going to eat the tractor.  Then leave it
alone for
a while and do it again.

As far as the part you broke.  Is it possible to drill the stripped hole out
one size bigger and re-tap it?
You'll be surprised how easily old, good quality cast iron drills and taps.
I don't think the JB weld will work.
Drilling and tapping new holes could work if you don't weaken the part too
much with the extra holes.

Did the piece you broke come out in one chunk and how big is it?
It can probably be brazed back in and be almost as good as new or even
"glued" back in with JB Weld as long
as it's not something that has a structural purpose.

Now that you've finished fixing all of the rest of it soak those rusted
parts with penetrating oil again and see if they don't free up.

Charlie