[Farmall] drawbar bolts

E. John Puckett ejpuckett at centurytel.net
Sat Apr 13 07:14:11 PDT 2013

I have owned cubs for nearly 30 years, and agree, there are somethings I
wish were different.  You need to remeber however, that a cub was
designed with the intention of being produced cheaply enough to get the
farmers still using horse to change to a tractor, and it did that job
quite well.  It cost about the same as 2 teams, but could work several
teams into the ground, with the only limit on how long it could work
being the operator.  I do not know if it is correct, but I have heard
that the cub was expected to last 7 years.  Mine still work for a
living, though not as hard as they were intended for, but my newest one
is 64 years old and I refurbished it 2 years ago.  You will note, I said
refurbished, not restored.  I have never in my life seen a tractor that
was actually restored.