[Farmall] Somewhat self-serving question: best way to sell a pullcombine....

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sun Apr 21 04:37:59 PDT 2013

Obviously its not worth much $$$$ (unfortunately). You could always market
it on Ebay, Craigslist, NC Agricultural Review. I would interview the buyers
and if I didn't like their intentions, refuse to sell it to them---price it
a little high and note that you will consider best offers. Have you thought
about giving it a way if you can find someone who will keep it under a shed
and in running order? Possibly an antique club that would even give you a
receipt for tax purposes.  You know how crazy the deer hunters in this state
are. One of them might buy it for their food plots, but I doubt it would
receive any TLC.

I know how you feel as I have JD 30 pull type that only needs water, gas and
a battery and its ready to go to the field. I kept it as a backup for my 55.
Now that I have the 3300 it doesn't make sense to keep it. Yet there are too
many fond memories to sell it for scrap. I have a friend that borrowed it
last year to cut about an acre of wheat off his garden spots.  He has a
bunch of chickens and has acquired a corn picker, sheller, and hammer mill
so he can raise his own feed. He's been looking into putting up a shed at
his house to keep the combine under.  Hopefully he can come up with
something as I need the shed space bad.

John Hall