[AT] potato ground

David Bruce davidbruce at yadtel.net
Wed Apr 17 19:02:58 PDT 2013

Of course there is a difference in scale between farming and most
gardens (not my dad's back in the day because he "farmed" his garden).
If one grows in an intensive form it is often easier to replenish the
soil as opposed to rotating crops.  My garden is no where large enough
so I could do any effective rotation.  I also grow my potatoes in
repurposed cattle supplement tubs.  End of the season I just turn them
over and harvest.  That works fine on a very small scale but would not
have for my grandpa who grew a quarter acre of potatoes each year.
Grandpa also "farmed" his gardens <g>.

David
NW NC