[AT] potato ground

Ron Cook ron at lakeport-1.com
Tue Apr 16 07:40:42 PDT 2013

Okay, another question.
I did not get a new potato area plowed last fall and may not be able to
do that this spring either.  Ground is cold and wet and it is already
getting time to plant.

My current patch has been in potatoes for years and the yield
continually has been falling off.  Do you think the proper amount of
fertilizer can work out for me, or should I just wait a while so I can
rotate to different ground this year and have later potatoes? Or
probably do some of both?

I flew a spray plane back and forth across hundreds of thousands of
acres of potatoes years back.  At that time I did not have time nor the
desire to pay attention to growing my own spuds.  Then I got old.  But
not too old to learn.

Ron Cook
Salix, IA