[AT] Quick note about cultivating issue, a thank you

Grant Brians sales at heirloom-organic.com
Sun Apr 14 06:21:52 PDT 2013

Nearly all of the vegetables here are grown using raised beds. The IH
vegetables cultivator differs from what I have in that the bars are not the
solid small square bars of the IH, but are double T-bar like John Deere
used. I am very unusual in that I have three cultivating tractors that have
part or all of the bars this old style - the Farmall 100, Farmall 200 and
one of my Oliver 77's. Everything else I have is the newer standard (newer
is 1950's onward) 2 1/4" square stock mounted on diamond pattern. This is
used for all vegetable cultivating equipment here in California except
Lillistons now. The switch happened very rapidly in the late 1950's and
early 1960's as farming moved to slightly wider sleds and mounted units. Now
with 20' sleds for vegetable cultivation on the larger operations, many
sleds have a 4"x7" bar to strengthen them as the first part.
         Grant Brians
         Hollister,California Vegetable, Nuts and Fruit farmer