[Farmall] drawbar bolts

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sat Apr 13 20:55:50 PDT 2013

Now I learned something new. All the broken blocks I've seen were on older
models. I never remember seeing a later model with a repaired or leaking
block. The one in dads Cub is a replacement engine he had welded up, we kept
the old engine for parts, its broken too. One of these days I'll try to get
the block number off of each as well as the serial number--I think they have
a one? Will be interesting to see what revision level block those are. I
remember seeing another Cub with a brace, very similar to the one somebody
makes and markets on the internet. Pretty certain I have seen a couple more
that were cracked and in need of welding. Wonder what caused them to break,
dropping in a hole or ditch too hard with the front end? Maybe towing the
tractor with a chain around the front axle and snatching the chain---I can
see that bad idea breaking anything!

John