[Farmall] binder and thresher values

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Fri Apr 12 17:00:10 PDT 2013

When it comes to very old, large, hard to transport iron, I sell mine to whoever seems willing to actually come get them.  The last combine I sold had lots of interested buyers, but when they realized how difficult it was to transport, the deals always fell through.  Most are wide enough to require oversize permits if they fit on a trailer at all.   I sold it to a scrapper who cut it and moved it in pieces.   So maybe scrap value plus a little for really big stuff .

The last old implement was a big old grain drill that had to transported vertically on a trailer.  It did sell but it was a local buyer who could bring his front loader over to get it on the trailer upright.  I ended up getting maybe triple scrap value.  ($100).  That was my best deal in a while.

Unfortunately, this stuff seems to be selling for scrap at auctions.  I guess what I am saying is the prices are very soft here in NC.

Not sure this helps, but I do hope it does,

Spencer

Sent from my iPhone