[AT] today in the snow

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Tue Apr 9 19:39:37 PDT 2013

On 4/9/2013 8:10 PM, Dan Folske wrote:
> I agree about this winter not wanting to quit. I broke the auger drive chain
> on the 8 ft blower behind my Hydro 186 tonight. I backed my calving up a
> month this year and I'm really glad I did. Got my first live calf on Sunday.
> Had lost two in storms previously. One of those was last tuesday morning
> between 2 and 6 am. By the time I got home from work and started feeding a
> little after 5:00pm the coyotes hadn't left much to dispose of.
>
> Dan
> Bowbells, ND
Dan, this could be one of those winters that we will talk about when we
are "old timers" telling the younger generation how rough winter used to
be.
Its actually pretty ideal calving conditions here right now. Ground
mostly frozen and clean. I hate it when everything melts and cattle are
plowing around in the muck up to their knees. Not healthy at all.

Ralph in Sask.