[AT] How to Ship a Winch?

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Mon Apr 8 18:43:47 PDT 2013

Check with the freight company for shipping rates. A list member shipped me
a straw chopper for a combine, the freight company classed it as equipment
and charged a high shipping rate. I refused the shipment (it was COD) and
called the trucking company. When I explained it was salvage parts off a
junk machine, they reduced the shipping cost by over 1/3.  The trucking
company may also charge less if he picks it up at the terminal, unless he
works somewhere that routinely gets freight shipments.

John