[Farmall] Farmall 100 cultivator revisited

Grant Brians sales at heirloom-organic.com
Fri Apr 5 07:46:29 PDT 2013

Well, I have a solution and it was a bit different than I would have
thought. First, the cultivator is a modified IH Veg cultivator in the sense
that the bars are the T-bar style as used by John Deere. It inserts into the
mounts as the IH veg cultivator does. Second, the place we had the problem
was in the area of the "pivot mount" where there is a square bar that has a
surrounding piece that was no longer holding. It turned out our major
problem was that no one had noticed that the 4 bolts that hold that into the
bolster had loosened and over time the bar had gradually shifted, exposing
the worn part and making it appear that the wear might be the issue rather
than the misplacement! A cheap fix it turns out, just re-position and
tighten. The fact is that the system is simple, but prone to issues from
bening or loose bolts that do not look loose. So all seems well now.
         Grant