[AT] list

Howard Weeks weeksh at att.net
Thu Apr 4 09:48:52 PDT 2013

Interesting subject that has been a minor thorn in my side about the
internet generation in general.

I am not an "expert in all things" but I do know what I am talking about
in some areas.  In those areas where I do not know, I keep my mouth shut
because I only learn by listening to someone that does know.

I don't mind helping someone that is trying to help themselves first.
When reading the questions submitted to the internet, it is obvious that
hasn't happened in many cases.  They haven't bothered to do enough
reading to even be able to communicate the problem clearly.

The internet attitude seems to be that one can get an answer to anything
by just asking - and that even though you can't speak the language, you
will understand the answer and be able to magically fix the problem. I
think LAZY is part of the definition.

I will not do someone else's homework for them.

Another thorn is the situation where you provide an accurate answer and
five other experts want to dispute it or argue about it.  Again, I will
not respond.

These issues are unique to the old tractor world.  I collect and restore
old communications radios and it is amazing the questions that get put
out for answers on that subject.

That felt good!

Howard in GA