[AT] list and a Ramble about the change of farming and tractors.

Ron Cook ron at lakeport-1.com
Thu Apr 4 08:41:44 PDT 2013

Cecil,
     Boy, you said a mouthful that time!  My nephews, one just under and
one just over 30, farm with $300,000 tractors.  They think 2-cylinder
hand clutch John Deere tractors should be outlawed by OSHA as an
extremely dangerous piece of equipment.  These are the same fellows that
have the satellite radio up loud with an adult beverage in their hand
while zooming across the field not even paying attention to what is
going on.   When some monitor tells them things are haywire, They cuss
the manufacturer.  Things have gotten completely out of hand.  High
grain prices will go away and high land prices will stay for awhile and
those boys will wake up.............maybe.  Their big gripe was having
to farm the family farm with tractors and equipment older than they
were.  They don't take care of their 4020, so they wouldn't buy your
4010 either......................they would never think of looking under
the porch for eggs.:-) :-)

Ron Cook
Salix, IA